Copying trades from one to several accounts requires a setup process. Each account connected to VTC and participating in the process of copying trades should be set to a Master or Slave copy mode. Accounts not participating in the process should have the “Copy mode” value set to “None”. There should only be one master account for the trade copy process to work correctly.
All trades from the master account are automatically copied over to slave accounts, taking into consideration the values set in the “Copy type”, “Scale factor”, “Remove suffix”, “Add suffix” and “Invert” fields.
These additional settings are:
- Copy type – a value that specifies which order types should be copied.
- Scale factor – a value that defines how the trade’s lot size should be altered. For example:
- if the master’s lot size is 0.10 lots (scale factor set to 1) and the scale factor for a slave account is 0.5, the slave account will open 0.05 lots.
- if the master’s lot size is 0.01 lots (scale factor set to 10) and the scale factor for a slave account is 1, the salve account will open 0.1 lots.
- if the master’s lot size is 0.01 lots (scale factor set to 1) and the scale factor for a slave account is 10, the salve account will open 0.1 lots.
- Rem. the suffix – removes the specified suffix from the symbol name
- if the master’s “Rem. suffix” is set to “.pro” all EURUSD.pro trades will be transmitted to slave accounts as EURUSD
- if the master’s symbols all end with “.pro” (EURUSD.pro, USDJPY.pro, etc.) and the master’s “Rem. suffix” is set to “.pro”, all symbols will be transmitted without the “.pro” suffix to the slave accounts.
- Add suffix – adds the specified suffix to the symbol name
- if a slave account has all symbols suffixed with “i” (EURUSDi, CHFUSDi, etc.) and the master has symbol names without any suffices (EURUSD, GBPUSD, etc.) the “Add suffix” should be set to “i” on the slave account.
- if all slave accounts have symbols sufficed with “.pro” (GBPUSD.pro, etc.) and the master has symbol names without any suffices (GBPUSD, etc.) the “Add suffix” should be set to “.pro” on the master account.
- Invert – Inverts the trade direction. For example, if “invert” is set to YES all buy orders from the master account are opened as sell orders on the slave and vice versa. Trade inverting can be set both on the master and/or slave accounts.